PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
Our Well-being Grants are for special, exceptional needs or other reasons arising from your disability which you cannot afford and will help with everyday living. Our grants are “one-off” and are awarded at the discretion of our Trustees. The average grant awarded is £500 and the maximum available is £1,000. Meetings to consider applications are usually held on the first Thursday of the month (February to December). The closing date for applications is 8 calendar days before the meeting date. We aim to deal fairly and quickly with every application, but it may take up to ten working days after the meeting before you hear the result. There are needs that we are unable to support, so please check the list at the foot of this page**.
Do you ….
- Live full-time in Gloucestershire?
- Have a physical, sensory or learning disability?
- Receive a statutory disability benefit?
- Need items or services you cannot afford that are not funded by the state?
- Have savings/investments of less than £6,000?
If you answered yes to all the above, you can apply for a Well-being Grant. Please note, we regret we cannot offer grants where your condition arises solely from a mental illness.
Have you or your legal representative….
- Made sure you have completed the application form fully including details of household income? This includes the amount every other person living at home contributes towards daily living costs.
- Completed and signed the consent questions?
- Attached a copy of your statutory disability benefit award letter (PIP/DLA/Attendance Allowance)?
- Told us if you have applied elsewhere for help towards your request and how much grant has been agreed by other charities?
- Attached a recommendation from your Occupational Therapist or other professional if you require specialist equipment? This is essential for us to assess your request and make an informed decision.
- Enclosed at least two quotes for the item for which you need help?
- Read our Privacy Statement https://www.glosdisabilityfund.org.uk/privacy-policy-gdf-privacy-policy-information/
**We regret that grants are not available for the following:
- Goods/services already ordered or purchased prior to making an application or before a grant decision is made
- To help pay off outstanding debts
- For the “client contribution” element of Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG)
- The cost of day to day social or health care, medical procedures, rehabilitation or therapy courses,
- Personal income, routine household expenses or for services that are normally available from statutory agencies.